Social Media Links are found on the sidebar of the site. For general enquiries, please click here.
BAM10 info and Media Assets
BAM10 Media Attendance
Media badges for BAM10 can be applied for here: http://bit.ly/bam10media
On day queries at rego desk – show your card. Or email [email protected]
CouchWarriors Inc. is a Not-For-Profit association that is Melbourne’s strongest gaming event organisers, created to energise the fighting game community. Our biggest event is Battle Arena Melbourne (BAM), drawing contenders, sponsors and thousands of spectators from all around the globe.
Created by Brendon “Loki” Watson and Brendan “Zan” Tonkin in 2006, CouchWarriors started as a an informal community group, beginning with an inclusive monthly tournament event for social play and ranking battles.
The CouchWarriors Ranbat event series has since served as the heart of the Melbourne fighting game scene . The project has blossomed into large events like the major annual, BAM and providing tournament services, support and resources for fighting game community events and beyond.
CouchWarriors Inc is available for specialised event activations. We have provided Qualifiers and tournament services to Melbourne Symphony Orchestra’s PAX Australia, VideoGamesUnplugged, OzComicCon, EB Games Expo, along with product launches and previews for publishers, and more.
CouchWarriors’s continues its role as an events management group, and supports community outreach by providing training and entry into the scene for new players, while engaging with other events and organisations for engagement of the dynamic fighting game community.
Enquires for lending our skills and resources, email [email protected]
As a not for profit, incorporated association, and by conception, CouchWarriors is an open, egalitarian group run by a committee formed of community members. Anyone is welcome to attend regular meetings and have input into the direction of events like BAM. We have a good mix of newer members and players with experience and strong institutional knowledge for running events.
2017 Officer positions are determined at Annual General Meeting via nomination/election:
Meet the Team:
President: Jack “Pudge” Gorman.
Vice President: Cailan “CK” Kingsbury.
Secretary: Dean Eddy.
Treasurer: Michael “Javi” Thai.
- Aaron “Borgie” Borg: Committee Member.
- Abi Ji: Head Tekken Tournament Organizer.
- Alex Aguirre: Tournament Organizer.
- Alex “MM|PrettyCoolGuy” Scott: Committee Member.
- Anthony “Tones” Albert Schweitzer Ducusin: Tournament, Social Media and Operations Manager.
- Daniel “Berzerk” Chlebowcyzk: Former President and Strategy Manager.
- Daniel “Spoony” Finegan: Former President, Vice President and Tournament Organizer.
- Darren “DreadTech” Taing: Former President and Tournament Organizer.
- Dean “Din” Bonnici: Tournament Organizer and Event Manager.
- Dom Hynes: Stream Engineer.
- Dylan “SNC” Lake: Tournament Organizer and Social Media Manager.
- George “Marthicus” Karakasidis: Event Operations and Tournament Manager.
- Hazel Argueta: Event Logistics and Operations Manager.
- James Brewer: Tournament Organizer.
- Jason Lee “Duon” Mustapic: Committee Member.
- Josh “Jash” Southern: Tournament Organizer.
- Kevin “Burnout” Kim: Stream Engineer.
- Kris “CFN Kappa_Shredzz” Staltare: Committee Member.
- Matthew “Ignis” Allsop: Tournament Organizer.
- Megan “Megz” Webber: Event Logistics and Operations Manager.
- Rame “Rame” Jeboo: Tournament Organizer.
- Sarah “AzuraSarah” Morris: Event Logistics and Event Manager.
- Steve Andreou: Event Media Production.
- Vincent “Forte” Lim: Tournament Organizer.
- Will “Will Smith” Smith: Committee Member.
- Ellis “Flex” Johnson: Tournament Organizer.
- Gabe “jaBBu” Najarro: Events and Graphic Designer.
- Johnathan “Narcissus” Li: Tournament Organizer.
- Luke “Lukozade” Mengler: Committee Member.
- Samuel “Bad” Brisbane: Tournament Organizer.
- Tom “Yiggs” Ho: Tournament and Stream Organizer.
New Game +
- Jason O’Callaghan: Stream and Operations Manager.
- Jodie “Eevee1188” Langford: Event Logistics and Operations Manager.
Incorporated Association number