Battle Arena Melbourne 8 This Weekend – Feature roundup!
CouchWarriors proudly presents Battle Arena Melbourne 8, Australia’s largest fighting game tournament
When: May 13-15, 2016
Where: CQ Functions, 123 Queen St Melbourne.
BAM8 returns this weekend for an exciting weekend of top level tournament play and celebration of the fighting game community. The annual Major celebrates the Australian fighting game scene. The Melbourne community is proud to host a national platform for players across the country to come together and compete.
With international attention from global leagues Capcom Pro Tour, Dead or Alive Battle Royal, or to compete with our massive Smash Bros community, BAM8 will be one of Australia’s biggest gaming events – not just in fighting games but in all LAN or esports events.
After a record breaking 2015, where BAM7 saw 628 attendees play and spectate some incredible moments (BAM7 Results, Photos and Replays), BAM8 is on track to handily surpass it. At the close of early registration, BAM8 has 574 registered players, which will increase with on day signups and spectators.
(Note: Smash competitor signup is closed. Street Fighter V signups close Friday.)
International players are also attending, from 8 top Smash 4 players, and two Street Fighter World Champions, RZR.Xian and EG.Momochi, participating in our Street Fighter V Capcom Pro Tour event.
View the Event Trailer (YouTube) Event Trailer (Facebook)
Summary of the key event features:
#BAM8 – Australia’s premier Fighting Game Tournament. Join the fun. May 13-15
- Capcom Pro Tour Ranking Event. Part of the prestigious global event. In addition to earning Ranking Points for Capcom Cup, the SFV Winner will be sponsored with travel and accommodation to the 2016 Capcom Pro Tour Asia final in South Korea. The winner of that CPT Premier event will earn a direct qualification to the Capcom Cup Finals.
- International SFV players confirmed: world champion EG.Momochi, RZR.Xian, Haitani and Mago
- Dead Or Alive Battle Royal $1,000 prize pool from Team Ninja, Free Tournament Entry, Winner sponsored with travel and accomodation to Battle Royal finals at NEC in Philadelphia USA
- Smash 4 International guests – 8 of the greatest Smash 4 WiiU players as highlighted here in the event trailer
- Tekken 7 – Play it before it comes home. $1,000 prize pool bonus from Bandai Namco
- Over $30,000 in cash and prizes, including cash pot bonuses to more games.
- Artist Guest: Jeffrey “Chamba” Cruz, artist for Udon’s official Street Fighter comics will be an event guest, signing comics and sketching headshot commissions for fans. He is also providing two one of a kind pieces for the BAM prize pool
- And Much More!
More info www.couchwarriors.org
Facebook event listing: https://www.facebook.com/events/1664453617162019/
Schedule and Live Streaming
The full schedule can be found on the CouchWarriors website
Lead stream will be by New Game Plus TV on www.twitch.tv/newgameplustv
Smash Bros stream will be by Melbourne Melee on www.twitch.tv/melbournemelee and CouchWarriors’ [email protected] www.twitch.tv/SASmelbournesmash
Additional streams as listed on schedule.
Sponsors and Partners
CouchWarriors BAM8 is proudly supported by
Global events: Capcom Pro Tour, Dead or Alive Battle Royal
Sponsors: PS4 Capcom Team Ninja Bandai Namco Games Plantronics Madman
Red Bull Twitch Xsplit Benq, Xmashed
Contact Daniel Chlebowczyk, CouchWarriors Partnerships manager [email protected]
Media passes available on request
How to follow the tournament
Last minute signup for tournaments is available on the door (except for Smash Bros games which are preregistration only and have closed)
Spectator passes are available at the door for only $5 or $10 all days
Brackets will be updated on this site: http://brackets.couchwarriors.org
BAM8 Afterparty http://couchwarriors.org/battle-arena-melbourne-8-afterparty/
We look forward to seeing all the players who had a great time at previous events and welcome new players and spectators to our amazing community.
As always there will be plenty of free-play and casual setups for players looking for practice or just for fun outside the tournament action. Of course, players will be hungry for glory and one of the iconic BAM boxing glove trophies
Beyond BAM, CouchWarriors hosts regular events including growing monthly Ranking Battles and Tournament services for conventions like PAX Australia
About CouchWarriors: CouchWarriors Inc. is a not for profit association created to energise the fighting game community. Starting in 2006 as an informal community group, it created an event series for social play and ranking battles which serves as the heart of the Melbourne scene. The project has blossomed into large events like the major annual, Battle Arena Melbourne (BAM), providing tournament services, support and resources for industry including major events such as PAX Australia, and ongoing support to community companion events.