POKKEN TOURNAMENT AT POKEMON NATIONALS! JULY 2-3
Big news for all you Pokken Tournament fans!
We’re incredibly excited to announce that CouchWarriors, in collaboration with Nintendo Australia and NewGamePlus, will be running the Pokken Tournament gaming area along side this year’s Pokemon VGC Nationals event.
We’ll be hosting casual matches throughout the event, then opening up registration for a double elimination tournament on the Sunday (July 3rd).
Tournament registration opens at 12:30pm and the tournament itself will start at 2:00pm, with the winner taking home some prizes supplied by Nintendo!
Winner Stays On – Limit to 3 wins in a row (Then allow two new players on).
Freeplay is only allowed on systems that are not being used for tournament.
In-depth Pokken Tournament game rules can be found here.
Capped 32 man double elimination bracket (If demand is high, a 64 player bracket will be made instead). Please allows for upto 2 hours for a 32 man tournament. If you are unable to stay to play your matches please notify the TO.
Players may use their own controllers, but must remember to desync their wireless controllers between games. Match penalties may apply if an owners wireless controller disrupts another station. WiiU pads will be supplied for free use.
Players may remap their controller settings, but are limited to 30 seconds and may not remap once a game has started.
- Matches will be best 2 out of 3 games (First to 2 wins).
- Only the losing player of the match may swap Pokemon between rounds.
- Support Pokemon and Cheer skills may be changed by both players between rounds.
- You may request a “Blind Pick” for your first game of the match.
- 60 second time limit for Pokemon, Support Pokemon and Cheer skill selection.
- 10 second time limit for Support Pokemon selection while in-game.
- Round time is set to default 80 seconds.
- All Pokemon are legal. Random is legal.
- All Supports are legal. Random Support is legal.
- All Cheer skills are legal.
- Stage is always set to “Ferrum Stadium”.
- Skill Level and Player Data must be set to OFF and NO accordingly.
LEARN TO PLAY!
At any given time (for a game not currently being run as a tournament), you may ask our friendly CouchWarriors staff members for a basic ‘learn to play’ session to move onwards from button mashing to a competitive playstyle and mindset!
Entry Cost: Free!!!
When: 2nd & 3rd of July
Where: Melbourne Park Function Centre (Next to the Rod Laver Arena)