This weekend gave the Australian fighting game community a bittersweet taste of what 2020 might have held, were we not forced to spend most of it at home. For the first time since summer, the CouchWarriors League schedule was able to feature something more exclusive than an simple online ranbat, as the Tekken World Tour Online Challenge travelled down under!
CouchWarriors proudly announces a huge get for next week’s Battle Arena Melbourne 10 with superstar commentary talent lined up to present its Tekken World Tour Master event!
Presenting the exciting matches of these world class competitors and local heroes, BAM10 will feature top commentators, as seen at major events such as EVO, Turner E-League, MLG, Capcom World Tour and of course other Master Events of Tekken World Tour
Recently we announced Tekken World Tour coming to Australia and covered the top players from the international scene heading to Melbourne. Now, lets look at the top Australian players thanks to our Tekken TO, Abi Adegbola.
The main threats to the international from Australian soil come in the form of newly sponsored Kanga|ChandNY and Dee-On Grey. Both have won multiple Australian majors between them. Dee-On Grey has amassed a great amount of international experience travelling to various tournaments around the world and even placing top 16 at EVO 2016.
Among the many international events Dee-On has attended, most recently competed in the Tekken World Tour Korea Masters.
– EVO 2016: top 16
– Battle Arena Melbourne 9: 4th
– OzHadou Nationals 14: 1st
– OzHadou Nationals 15: 7th
– EVO Japan 2018: 33rd
Keep careful note of that third place for ChandNY at BAM9. Who were 1st and 2nd? Only world champion Korean players SAINT and JDCR!
– OzHadou Nationals 13: 1st
– Battle Arena Melbourne 9: 3rd
– OzHadou Nationals 14: 5th
– OzHadou Nationals 15: 13th
Aside from them there are plenty of other high level Australian talent, some who have gain international experience as well that are vying for the top spot such as Aken, 4LCH3M15T, Cuteguy, and many more.
The Tekken community is always hyped up and full of energy at events, so look forward to an awesome gathering and spectator experience. To get a feel for the community as they practice, take a look at this trailer from Phil Boquida of PHILMS produced at the latest CouchWarriors Ranking Battle
We’re pleased to announce that our annual major this year, Battle Arena Melbourne 10, will be a Master Event in the Tekken World Tour. As one of thirteen similar events in the full forty-event tour, finishing in the top 32 will see you earn ranking points towards qualification for the Tekken World Tour Finals, held this year in Amsterdam.
Tekken at BAM10:
- Tekken World Tour Master Points
- Prize Pool Bonus $5,000
- Tournament broadcast on official Tekken Twitch channel
- International Tekken Pro Players
Global Tekken Superstars coming to Australia
Let’s take a look at some of the top international players from the worldwide Tekken pro scene coming to BAM10:
- LowHigh (South Korea. Team Fursan)
- 2018 Beast Arena Hong Kong Champion
- Knee (South Korea. Team Rox)
- 2018 EVO Japan Champion, 2013 EVO World Champion
- Chanel (South Korea. Team Rox)
- 2016 King of Iron Fist Tournament & 2018 EVO Japan Grand Finalist
- JDCR (South Korea. Team Echo fox)
- 2017 Evo World Champion,.
- SAINT (South Korea. Team Echo fox)
- 2016 Evo World Champion
- Qudans (South Korea. Team UYU)
- 2015 EVO World Champion, 2017 Tekken World Tour Winner
- Yuu (Japan. Team Yamasa)
- 2015 and 2016 EVO World Championships Top Ten
More players are likely to confirm, so keep your eye out and make sure you register to join in the fun at www.smash.gg/bam10
Battle Arena Melbourne 10 is Australia’s premier fighting games community event, taking place at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre on May 18-20
To find out more about the Tekken World Tour, including event dates, prize breakdowns and ranking point allocations, visit the official Tekken World Tour website here.